Passionate Defenders Of Car Accident Victims’ Rights In San Francisco And San Diego
The San Francisco and San Diego metro areas offer some beautiful roadways for driving. Unfortunately, they also have some of the most dangerous roads in the entire state of California, from Interstate 8 to State Route 78. If you recently experienced a car accident on one of our state’s roads, turn to a legal team you can trust.
With more than 20 combined years of legal experience, our auto accident attorneys at Rencher Law Group, P.C., have represented hundreds of accident victims and their relatives. We feel passionate about bringing negligent motorists to justice and helping our clients recover compensation for their damages. Led by a former trauma scribe and EMT, we have a deep well of compassion for the traumatic event you have endured.
Ready To Help You After Any Type Of Motor Vehicle Accident
Negligent drivers pose a risk to everyone traveling California roads. Our skilled attorneys can help you seek compensation after any type of motor vehicle or roadway accident, including:
- Crashes between two or more cars
- Semi-truck accidents and other crashes involving commercial vehicles
- Motorcycle accidents, including no-contact accidents in which motorcyclists were forced off the road by dangerous drivers
- Injuries to pedestrians and bicyclists struck by inattentive and aggressive drivers
- Accidents involving rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft, whether you were a passenger in one of those vehicles or were struck by one
- Accidents with drivers who are uninsured or underinsured
- Fatal motor vehicle accidents warranting a wrongful death lawsuit
As soon as you contact us, we can begin a thorough and independent investigation of your case. We will identify the cause of the accident and which party or parties were at fault.
The Steps To Take After An Auto Accident
The minutes, hours and days after a motor vehicle accident are exceedingly important for building your civil case. To improve your chances of receiving the maximum recovery, try to take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention: As soon as possible, get treatment from a doctor. Call an ambulance, if necessary.
- Get contact information: Get the name, phone number or email and insurance information of the other driver/s and any witnesses to the accident.
- Take pictures: If you have a camera on you, take pictures of the accident site. You can also use your cellphone.
- Revisit the scene: If you don’t have a camera or phone on you at the time, return to the crash site with one or both of these to take photographs.
- Get a lawyer: Before you speak with any insurance representatives, speak with a lawyer. Your insurance company does not want to pay the full amount of money that you need. An attorney can ensure that you get full and fair compensation.
If you did not follow one or more of these steps strictly, you might still have an actionable case. Whether you experienced a crash as a driver, pedestrian, motorcycle rider or cyclist, we can help you.
Exploring All Available Compensation For Victims And Their Loved Ones
The aftermath of a car accident can easily become unaffordable without help. When you work with our attorneys, we help you hold negligent drivers and insurance companies financially responsible for as many of your losses as possible. Depending on the facts of your case, we may be able to help you seek damages for:
- Medical bills and physical therapy (present and future)
- Lost wages from time spent unable to work
- Reduced earning capacity after an accident leaves you partially or permanently disabled
- Costs related to any home and vehicle modifications necessary to live with a disability
- Pain and suffering
- Vehicle damage and property loss
- Punitive damages, which may be available if the defendant’s negligent actions were particularly egregious and showed no regard for the health and safety of others
In wrongful death actions, we may be able to help clients seek compensation for funeral and burial expenses, as well as compensation to family members for loss of the victim’s future wages and loss of companionship.
Statute Of Limitations To Bring About A California Car Accident Claim
A statute of limitations is a law that limits the amount of time someone has to file a lawsuit. California’s statute of limitations for car accident lawsuits gives victims two years (beginning on the date of the crash) to take legal action. The courts almost always throw out claims that people file past the deadline, so it’s crucial to begin the legal process as soon as possible.
Most Common Injuries Caused By Car Accidents
Many injuries ranging in severity can result from car accidents. The most common are:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Fractured bones
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
What To Look For In A San Francisco Car Accident Attorney
An attorney’s experience, skill and approach to clients are what car accident victims need to pay attention to. The founding attorney of Rencher Law Group, P.C., has more than 20 years of legal experience. He is ready to take your case to trial if necessary. He has been named one of the Top 100 Trial Attorneys for five years and counting. He isn’t an ambulance chaser. He looks at each case individually, gets to know his clients and dedicates close personal attention to each of them. He supports and guides his clients through the entire legal process, being there for them every step of the way.
Common Causes Of Car Crashes
According to studies conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), driver error is what causes the most car crashes in the United States. Some examples of driver error are:
- Reckless driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Reckless driving includes speeding, disobeying signs and signals, and road rage. Distracted driving could be using a cell phone, eating, getting carried away listening to music, or talking to passengers. Thirty-seven people in the United States die daily due to drunk driving and drugged driving contributes to fatal crashes significantly.
Speak With Our San Francisco Car Accident Lawyers Today
Our San Diego and San Francisco car accident attorney team at RLG is ready to stand up for your rights. We offer completely complimentary initial consultations. Because we work on a contingency fee basis, you do not have to worry about paying any fees – we do not charge you unless we recover compensation. Please call us at 877-RENCHER or send us an email.